We can help you identify the values you wish to perpetuate and then translate them into an effective, long-term philanthropic strategy. Our advice and administrative support can enable you to:
- Assist in selecting and establishing many different types of philanthropic entities, such as family foundations, donor-advised funds, supporting organizations, charitable trusts and community foundations
- Identify and articulate the values you wish to perpetuate
- Identify and research charitable organizations that fit your interests and priorities
- Design effective philanthropic structures for your unique tax, financial, and family situation and interests
- Negotiate gifts and manage the administration of your major gifts
- Develop family programs that involve your children and educate them about your charitable activities and all aspects of charitable giving
- Maximize the social and economic benefits of your philanthropic efforts
Once your philanthropic strategy is in place, you'll be free to focus on the causes and issues you care about, rather than the administrative details of gift distribution and management.
BMO Charitable Fund Program
Harris understands that the decision to donate to charity can demand a great deal of your time and resources. With that in mind, the BMO Charitable Fund Program allows individuals who are looking for simplicity, flexibility and efficiency in charitable giving to establish a BMO Charitable Fund Program Donor-Advised Fund (DAF) at the National Philanthropic Trust. BMO has worked in collaboration with the National Philanthropic Trust (NPT) to establish the BMO Charitable Fund Program, a donor-advised fund program that is administered and sponsored by the National Philanthropic Trust, a 501(c)(3), an independently operated public charity serving a national constituency.
Opening a DAF allows you to make a gift today and potentially receive immediate tax and estate planning benefits. Yet the distribution to charitable organizations can be spread over many years. And, as the term "donor-advised" suggests, you can recommend which charities and organizations should benefit from your donor-advised fund and how your donor-advised fund assets should be invested.
For more information about opening a DAF under the BMO Charitable Fund Program, please contact Claudia Sangster, Director, Philanthropy Services, at Harris myCFO, Inc. at (310) 407-1141 or the BMO Charitable Fund Program's philanthropic professionals at NPT directly at 888-344-3454.www.BMOcharitablefund.com
- Rethinking Family Foundations: What's the Optimal Structure?
(117 KB - PDF)
Claudia B. Sangster, 2010
Tell us what you need
We'll direct you to the right place.